Turin 2 hrs
• small draught beer €3.50 • bottle of house wine €7 • glass of coke €2 • cup of tea/coffee €1.50 • pizza €8 • sandwich €3
Glacier High Altitude Guaranteed Snow
high altitude skiing
Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Doncaster/Sheffield, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle
So what's it like?
Excellent, extensive ski area and a cosmopolitan atmosphere
Having benefitted from the investment of hosting the successful 2006 Winter Olympic Games, and home to some of the best skiing in the Milky Way ski area, Sestriere is a magnet for ski lovers and a sophisticated resort with the latest amenities. Nestled in the renowned Milky Way ski area, the resort is ideally placed to access a wide range of truly excellent slopes. Sestriere's own skiing is also pretty extensive, with pistes divided into three main areas and connected via one of the most advanced mountain lift systems in the Alps, where the uncrowded runs offer perfect conditions to ski and board at your own pace.
2 for 1 lift pass
Book today and get on the slopes for less. Buy one lift pass and get another one free when you book your ski holiday.
Excludes certain departure dates, see terms and conditions for details.
€50 hotel credit
There'll be a credit of €50 waiting for you at the hotel with this offer. Use it in the bar or restaurant and save some cash while you're away.
Most of the beginners slopes fan out in an arc from the ski school meeting place in the centre of Sestriere with easy runs from the two baby lifts and the Jolly. To the right of the area are two further drag lifts, ideal for first timers.
Sestriere is an intermediates paradise. The skiing is on two main areas, Banchetta and Sises, offering plenty of choice from short mogul fields to long wide runs for cruising. An added bonus to the 21 lifts in the immediate Sestriere area is the amazing 89 lifts on the extensive Milky Way.
The huge bowl of the Amfiteatro offers excellent skiing and the black runs at the top of Motta and Sises provide the expert with plenty of skiing. The famous Kandahar Slalom and Kandahar Banchetta runs are used in World Championship races.
Cosmopolitan and lively with many overseas visitors in addition to Italians and British giving an international atmosphere. Try: • La Gargote for après ski drinks • Black Pepper Bar for a lively atmosphere • Kovo for a party • Tabata disco • Mama Lia is a great wine bar/restaurant.
Cross-country skiing nearby, sports centre, swimming pool, husky rides, occasional evening excursions to watch Juventus, Inter Milan and AC Milan football matches
Sestriere's restaurants range from friendly pizzerias and bars to elegant restaurants. Pasta dishes from approx. €6.50 and pizzas from approx. €6. 3-course meals from €16
· Baby Bar, The Kovo for a more international menu and II Centro or Mama Lia for typical local foods.
· Shops · Games room · Sauna · Massage · Turkish bath · Whirlpool · Squash · Aerobics
One-way (arrival) from £35 pp.
Return from £67 pp.
Special offers this winter
· Kid savers: Discounted lift pass for children born after 01/01/06 when accompanied by an adult buying the same pass. Free helmet hire for child aged 11 years and under when hiring skis/board and boots.
· Senior savers: Discounted lift pass for adults born before 31/12/38.
• Free First-time ski bundles- book by 15 Nov 2013.
Available on 12 Jan 2014. Limited number and subject to availability.
Special offers for winter 14/15
· Kid savers: Discounted lift pass for children born after 01/01/07 when accompanied by an adult buying the same pass. Free helmet hire for child aged 11 years and under when hiring skis/board and boots.
· Senior savers: Discounted lift pass for adults born before 31/12/39.