Turin - 1 hour 45 minutes
• Cup of coffee from €1.50 • Small beer from €2.50 • Bottle of house wine from €8.00 • Fondue from €15.00 • Glass of coke from €2.50 • Bomberdino from €5.00 • Sandwich from €5.00 • Pizza from €8.00 • Burger & fries from €8.00
Glacier High Altitude Guaranteed Snow
high altitude skiing
Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Doncaster/Sheffield, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle
Free ski/board social service
So what's it like?
Gateway to the exciting Monte Rosa ski area
Champoluc is a delightful, unspoilt village lying at the top of the Ayas Valley, below the imposing Monte Rosa mountain chain with its towering peaks and extensive glaciers. The Monte Rosa ski area covers three valleys with a modern lift system and with extensive possibilities for off-piste skiing and touring in spring.
At the top of the Crest gondola is an open bowl for beginners to gain confidence. Having conquered one red run, another area with blue runs can be reached above Frachey.
Champoluc is a paradise for intermediates and competent skiers will move on by chairlift to the east of the Sarezza summit. Champoluc is linked with Gressoney, exhilarating skiing through varied scenery from wide open glades to runs through the trees.
From the moguls of Sarezza to magnificent long runs to Stafal in Gressoney, the advanced skier is very well catered for. Heli-skiing in spring on the Monte Rosa is the ultimate achievement.
Definitely informal and friendly with the emphasis on local bars and hotels.
· Pachamama's, Lo Bistrot, Il Golosone Pub and Café du Centrale with an open fire and excellent cocktails are very popular.
Outdoor ice skating
Champoluc offers a selection of good value pizzerias and restaurants.
· Da Martino and Churen for pizzas or Atelier Gourmand for nouvelle cuisine. La Grange and Le Sapin are excellent and popular with the locals. Pizzas and pastas from 6, 3-course meals from 20
· Sports shops · Local craft shops
One-way (arrival) from £35 pp.
Return from £67 pp.
Special offers for winter 14/15
· Kids ski free: Free lift pass for child aged 7yrs and under when accompanying adult buys same pass
· Senior savers: Discounted lift pass available for adults aged 65yrs and over
• Equipment saver: Free helmet hire when hiring skis/board and boots