• Chambery · 2 hours 30 minutes
• Geneva and Lyon · 4 hours
• Ski Train (Bourg St. Maurice) · 50 minutes
• Cup of coffee from €2.80 • Small beer from €3.00 • Bottle of house wine from €18.00 • Raclette from €22.00 • Glass of coke from €3.00 • Vin Chaud from €2.50 • Sandwich from €6.00 • Pizza from €11.00 • Burger & fries from €11.00
Glacier High Altitude Guaranteed Snow
glacier resort guaranteed snow
Belfast (Aldergrove), Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Cardiff, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Isle of man, Leeds/Bradford, Liverpool, London Eurostar Ashford, London Eurostar St Pancras, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Southend, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle, Southampton
Best for apres-ski and nightlife
Ski area with glacier skiing
Pistes over 2,500m
So what's it like?
High altitude resort with superb snow and extensive skiing
Tignes is a high altitude, snow-sure resort enjoying year round skiing on the Grande Motte Glacier. Together with Val d'Isère, Tignes makes up the Espace Killy, one of the world's greatest ski areas. For many advanced and intermediate skiers, the huge variety of slopes here makes this a resort without parallel. Off the slopes Tignes has a lively nightlife making it a great choice for groups. We also have our full range childcare in resort for families looking to make the most of the ski area.
There are a number of easy runs for novice skiers with the bonus of 5 free ski lifts for beginners. Once basic skiing techniques have been mastered, head to the Palafour lift in Le Lac or up the Tichot or Grattalu chairlifts.
A multitude of exciting, challenging terrain is ready and waiting for all levels of intermediate skier. Try cruising down the easy blue run to Tignes les Brevières in time for lunch at the bottom. The high speed 6-seater chair from Val Claret to Col de Fresse provides speedy access to Val d'lsère and the glacier at le Fornet.
Together with the ski lifts of Val d'Isère, Tignes has an unmatched variety of skiing possibilities including some of the most extensive off-piste in the world.
• lively with a good choice of bars • Loop Bar & Restaurant for the fantastic aprés atmosphere • Saloon Bar which attracts many skiers late into the night
· Ice climbing ·ice diving ·ice karting ·leisure centre with indoor swimming pool ·slides and spa ·outdoor ice skating ·parapenting
More than 20 restaurants with menus to suit every palate and budget · 3 course set menu at around €30 · Local fondues for €25 including wine and dessert · Pizzas from €15 ·Large choice including Pizzeria 2000, Daffy's Tex Mex, Le Caveau, Saint Jacques and La Krepouz.
· bowling alley · cinema with films in English · weekly market
From Chambery airport
One-way (arrival) from £48 pp.
Return from £94 pp.
One way helicopter transfer for up to 5 people are also available
Crystal childcare in available to all guests staying in Tignes Val Claret*. Take advantage of the Pepi Penguin Club (6mths-4yrs) and the Whizz Kids Club (3-11yrs) Pre-booking is essential.
*Customers staying in Tignes Le Lac are also able to book the childcare facility however you will need to take children to the childcare club yourselves on the free resort bus, taking around 10 minutes.
We also have a Private Nanny (6mths-8yrs) - available to guests staying in one of our chalets (must book the whole chalet) or our selected apartments in resort.
The Pepi Penguin Club - (6mths-4yrs) is run by our own qualified childcare staff and held in a dedicated room within the hotel equipped with games, toys and a special sleep area. Outdoor play included (weather & parental consent permitting).
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm or
- Morning only care from 8.30am to 2pm, including lunch, or
- Afternoon only care from 2pm to 5pm
- 2 course hot lunch (for children attending Full day and Morning only clubs)
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- A daily routine and activities report for your child
We're also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day, may be sledging, bumboarding, snowy walks, gondola ride or snow painting. And if your child is used to a sleep, we'll factor that in too.
The Whizz Kids Club - (3yrs-11yrs) will provide plenty of fun filled days as our childcare staff offer a combination of care for non-skiing children. For children wanting to ski then our Whizzclusive option is available for children from 5 years which includes 6 x AM ski lessons, pick up and drop off from ski lessons, lunch and afternoon care by Crystal staff in the dedicated Whizz Kids club room.
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm
- 2 course hot lunch
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- Whizzclusive only - 6 x am ski lessons, ski school drop off/pick up,. child's skis, boots and helmet hire.
We're also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day, may be sledging, bum boarding, bus bingo, snowman competitions, or a treasure hunt.
Both clubs operate for 6 days and must be pre-booked to guarantee a place.
Special offers for winter 14/15
Buy one lift pass, get one half price
Buy one adult area lift pass and receive a second half price - available on new bookings for departures 10, 17 & 21 Jan and 14 & 21 Mar 2015. Terms and conditions apply.
Kids ski free: free helmet for kids booking skis & boots
Money savers: free entry to swimming pool and open-air ice rink on lake with area lift pass
Senior savers: reduced lift pass prices for seniors 65-74yrs