Plagne Lauze: 1,800m Plagne Centre: 1,970m Belle Plagne: 2,050m
Chambery - 2 hours
Geneva, Grenoble and Lyon - 3 hours
Ski Train (Aime) - 30 minutes
• Cup of coffee from €3.50 • Small beer from €3.00 • Bottle of house wine from €10.00 • Raclette from €21.00 • Glass of coke from €3.00 • Vin chaud €3.00 • Mulled Wine from €4.00 • Sandwich from €5.00 • PIzza from €12.00 • Burger & fries from €12.00
Glacier High Altitude Guaranteed Snow
Belfast (Aldergrove), Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Cardiff, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Isle of man, Leeds/Bradford, Liverpool, London Eurostar Ashford, London Eurostar St Pancras, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Southend, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle, Southampton
So what's it like?
A group of villages spread across a vast exciting ski area
The superb ski resort of La Plagne comprises ten purpose built 'villages' surrounding Plagne Centre including Plagne 1800 just below it, attractive car-free Belle Plagne and the highest village of Aime la Plagne, each boasting superb doorstep skiing. Furthermore the speedy Vanoise Express cable-car links La Plagne with Les Arcs to form the vast Paradiski ski area - one of the largest ski areas in the world!
Les Coches is a pretty skiing village and a fantastic little known value offering on the La Plagne side of the Paradiski area. For those in the know, Les Coches and in particular the Les Coches Maeva apartments are one of the cheapest places to stay in the Paradiski.
Not only is it great value for money, but Les Coches is in a fantastic location for skiers wanting to get the most out of the Paradiski area. Take a chairlift or the gondola in Les Coches or ski down to the Montchavin chairlift and you will be one of the first skiers at the Vanoise Express. Throughout the season you will be able to ski right back to the village via either a blue or red run and most of the village’s accommodation is close to the piste. Les Coches is a quiet village and will suit guests looking for a traditional and friendly atmosphere. There is a supermarket, a few shops, a couple of bars and a selection of restaurants.
Pepi penguin childcare
Gentle nursery slopes and excellent English speaking ski instructors ensure that novice skiers will soon be enjoying the multitude of blue and green runs across the resort.
An absolute dream for intermediates. From exhilarating motorway skiing to quiet powder runs in the trees, La Plagne has it all! Try the long run down to Champagny from La Grande Rochette or discover the fabulous skiing on the Glacier de Bellecôte.
Expert skiers will relish this superb area. Try the glorious powder between the trees down to Les Coches, or attempt the dramatic near vertical 2000m drop off the north face of the Bellecôte glacier, for 15kms of skiing (with a mountain guide) or try the breathtaking 7km Aiguille Rouge in Les Arcs.
· wide variety of cafés and bars plus 4 discos · Loup Blanc and La Mine Bar (Plagne 1800), Cheyenne Café and Le Tet (Belle Plagne), Showtime Café & The Spitting Feathers après ski bar (Bellecôte) with live music and Luna Bar (Plagne Centre) · Petit Chaperon Rouge
Leisure centre with spa treatments and fitness, outdoor ice skating, outdoor swimming pool, parapenting
Massive choice throughout the villages· Fondues or raclette from around €20 · 3 course meal with wine for €25 · La Grange, Matafan and Le Bec Fin for local specialities. Try the traditional mountain restaurants including Le Petit Chaperon Rouge.
· Cleared winter walks · Cinemas with regular English films in Plagne Centre and Bellecôte · try the Olympic bobsleigh that sits just below the resort of La Plagne, a 10 minute bus ride away · visit the Igloo hotel for an unforgettable evening meal
From Chambery airport
One-way (arrival) from £39 pp.
Return from £76 pp.
One way helicopter transfer for up to 5 passengers are also available.
Familiies get a choice of two Crystal Childcare facilities in La Plagne. You'll find Pepi Penguin (6mths-4yrs) & Whizz Kids (4-11yrs) Clubs in La Plagne 1800, situated next door to Chalet Rose, this club is available for anybody staying in Plagne 1800. The second Pepi Penguin & Whizz Kids Club is located at Hotel Terra Nova, located in Plagne Centre.
The Pepi Penguin Club - (6mths-4yrs) is run by our own qualified childcare staff and held in a dedicated room within the hotel equipped with games, toys and a special sleep area. Outdoor play included (weather & parental consent permitting).
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm plus Snuggle Club in selected properties (7.30pm to 9.30pm), or
- Morning only care from 8.30am to 2pm, including lunch, or
- Afternoon only care from 2pm to 5pm
- 2 course hot lunch (for children attending Full day and Morning only clubs)
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- A daily routine and activities report for your child
We're also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day, may be sledging, bumboarding, snowy walks, gondola ride or snow painting. And if your child is used to a sleep, we'll factor that in too.
The Whizz Kids Club - (3yrs-11yrs) will provide plenty of fun filled days as our childcare staff offer a combination of care for non-skiing children. For children wanting to ski then our Whizzclusive option is available for children from 3 years which includes 6 x AM ski lessons, pick up and drop off from ski lessons, ski hire, lunch and afternoon care by Crystal staff in the dedicated Whizz Kids club room.
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm plus Pyjama Club in selected properties (7.30pm to 9.30pm)
- 2 course hot lunch
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- Whizzclusive only - 6 x am ski lessons, ski school drop off/pick ups. child's ski's, boots and helmet hire.
We're also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day, may be sledging, bum boarding, bus bingo, snowman competitions, or a treasure hunt.
Both clubs operate for 6 days and must be pre-booked to guarantee a place.
All our staff are CRB and reference checked, first aid trained, English speaking and we always maintain the correct adult:child ratios. Our childcare is open to all guests staying in Plagne 1800 and Plagne Centre only.
Please note: Guests staying in Belle Plagne, Plagne Village, Aime La Plagne, Les Coches or Plagne Soleil should not book into Crystal childcare as it is a bus ride away and not convenient.
Special offers for winter 14/15
Buy a local area lift and receive a free upgrade to an area lift pass for departures on 10 Jan and 14 & 21 Mar
Kids ski free: free helmet for kids booking skis & boots
Senior savers: reduced lift pass prices for seniors 65-71yrs